I’d like to get a few of these crossed off, but I know some of these will be rolled over into August.
Borrowed Physical Books
- Factfulness from my dad
- Read the state history I borrowed from Papau
- A Year in Mississippi from my sister
Start reading the Horatio Hornblower series also borrowed from my sister(this choice brought to you by this photo, you’re welcome) Edit: I started the first one, I couldn’t make it through the first chapter. SO GA Henty vibes. Mary Sue’s are popular now, apparently the boy version is Marty or Gary Stu. But I don’t think that fits, I think Peter Perfect sounds better for these older books (when the boy version seemed to happen more). Little young pompous prigs without an iota of humor who can do everything perfectly without practice and take everything deadly seriously (literally in this case) in writing were all of this is S-P-E L-L-E-D O-U-T S-O T-H-A-T W-E K-N-O-W H-E I-S A S-U-P-E-R S-P-E-C-I-AL H-E-R-O. I do not know how to express how HH irritated (and the writing) me within 30 pages. Hopefully I can enjoy the movie and the tv series, some of this is the writing or only expressed in writing.
- Far from the Madding Crowd from the library
- Possibly the state history I borrowed from the library
- The Foxfire Book from the library
- Reread the first three Ashtown Burial books, so I can read The Silent Bells by ND Wilson
- Your Move: An Underdog’s Guide to Building Your Business. I may not want to keep this.
- A Jane Austen Devotional. I’m not sure I want to keep this, I may pass around to my sisters afterwards.
- Confronting Injustice without Compromising Truth
On Writing Well
- Classic Club spin pick, Cymbelline
- Make inroads into The Idiot (aim for end of July)
- More Hornblowers
- Other YA adventure novels like more from the Nick of Time series
- Start to transition to reading primarily on Kindle and return back all my library book
- Update my reading Excel list
- Reevaluate Storygraph
- March TBR
- Read The Pomeranian Handbook
- Finish Factfulness. This is a book borrowed from my Dad, probably should finish before I move out.
- Finish How to Raise a Perfect Puppy
- Finish The Girl with the Louding Voice: A Novel
- Continue to participate in the Sense and Sensibility Read Along, which is so much fun, and I need to participate in more read-alongs, I should seek out ones for books I have on my TBR.
- Continue to participate in the Villette Read Along. I’m really enjoying this, definitely prefer the lesser known Brontë works.
- Get caught up on The Silent Bells serial