I’m trying to go by seasons and pick a theme. The theme from now until March 20th is Foundations.
- Clean rest on Sunday (I heard this term for guilt free rest on The Perfectionism Project podcast, I don’t listen to it much, I find it hard to listen to, but I’ve received a few really great one point things that really strike me). Enjoy things I liked as a child and teen or similar things: reading, crafts, Legos, models, puzzles. NO screens.
- Speaking of screen time, I’m going to try and lock down my computer and phone with Cold Turkey for Sunday through F, meaning no social media, blogs, Youtube, news. I also will do any self-improvement stuff in the morning. And shut down the computer and put away the phone when I come home from work (overlapping goal with Self-Improvement). I’ve done better the last few weeks because I’ve been more interested in reading Georgette Heyer novels on my Kindle, but I’m still pretty bad on weekends.
- End each season with a week off or 3 day weekend in a screen free cabin.
- Start exercise and stretch habits, including some fun sport like ice skating.
- Work on my diet. I have eaten a frightening amount of candy at work lately. I might have to detour and walking around the sugar bowl which is right near my desk. I’m starting off with a sugar fast. I’m on day 6th as of Jan 9th, I’ve not had candy but I think I do need to be more careful about any added sugar.
- Find a therapist.
- Try Parsley health, see if there is someone in my state.
- Private plan #1.
- Private plan #2.
- Private plan #3.
Set up and start on my tech learning plan. I’ve got to get into better habits, but yes, I’ve started this.
- Break the lateness habit (I need to look up tips).
- Institute a no gossip, whining, dumping (and calling in ranting), and petty politics rule and when someone else brings it up, either don’t take the bait or state my resolution not to talk in this manner.
- Figure out how to ask questions to get people to think, rather than stating my own opinion (usually defensively).
- Work on Spanish.
- Work on habits and morning and evening routines.
- Work on my screen time (overlapping goal with Health).
- Work on blogging and Instagramming more consistently and better.
- Maybe get a weekend temp job to finance some large apartment expenses and pay off some debts. I’m working on the job situation right now, fingers crossed it turns out in my favor.
- Save for a big vacation.
- Keep saving in down and emergency. I did, but then I made an expensive purchase.
- Start a non retirement investment account.
- Have a 2nd source of income from my private career plans.
- Brainstorm a 3rd source of income, preferable passive?
Learn to Live
- Take set of exercise classes such as ice skating lessons (overlapping goal with Health)
Join an online book group, I’d like to join The Enchanted Book Club deluxe, maybe in March, depends on what they are reading (overlapping goal with Reading). I didn’t join this one yet, but I am participating in two readalongs.
- Take one craft class.
- Attend one event.
- Do some wintery fun things.
- Work on a certain series of blog posts, maybe.
- Start getting facials if possible
- Start getting laser (in my dreams)
Make paper, crochet, and maybe tatted snowflakes. I did quill two snowflakes from which are super pretty.
- Finish Mom’s gift by end of January (frame and all).
- Make valentine decorations.
- Finish Harper’s Frog, Toad, and Frances by end of February.
- Finish two more baby blankets by end of March.
Study Subjects. I think that I may have to shelve this one for now, I have too many things going, and perhaps one or two subjects at a time would be better and right now those are/ought to be tech and Spanish.
- Sunday: Rest
- Monday: Logic
- Tuesday: History
- Wednesday: Geography
Thursday: Christian Apologetics (even though I’m not a Christian, I still find this important)
- Friday: World Religion
- Saturday: Genealogy and Civics
Set Up for the Month
Get into an apartment, call that one place every single weekday and Saturday!!!!!!!!! The apartment I want doesn’t have a wait or call back list (ugh!). I’ve not got a lot of great options plus would prefer to stay in one place for years until I can seriously upgrade or have a better opportunity elsewhere. I did put a deposit down on an apartment, the on paper date I get it is April 16, but I could get it sooner.
- Set up easily maintained habits.
- Get a weekend job.
- Once in the apartment look for a better paying job, preferably with fewer hours.
- Finish setting up digital limits and controls. I had to reset that process this month since I basically turned off Cold Turkey whenever I wanted.
- Set up news controls/limits.
Memory journal setup. Partial
- Digital clear out.
- Parsley health (change to when I’m in my own place for privacy purposes).
- Sugar and dairy fast (maybe next month/in my own place do elimination diet, sugar controls. If I have to keep restarting this all the time to have any control over my sugar consumption, if that is what it takes, I will do that.
- Start doing simple exercise and stretching, get a Fitbit or something. I did get a Fitbit on sale.
- Work on getting to bed by 9:30 (if in my own place even earlier, I’d like to get up at 5:30).
- Work on morning and evening routine, digital limits and controls.
Remind to be taught more AP.Apparently this was stuff I’d already been taught, and they forgot that they taught me.
- Private goal #1.
- Private Goal #2.
- Set up tech learning plan.
Continue to work on lateness. Yeah, that crashed and burned with the ice and then the snow storm. And then the new addition to my life, but I’m working on it.
Work on no gossip, politics, complaining, cussing, exaggerating set up. I should add work on my repetitive, obsessive speech as well, try to figure out how to redirect myself.
Work on Spanish.
Work on habits.
- Increase income streams.
- Pay off debt. I paid off a little
- Build up checking to remain at certain amount.
Buy CodeAcademy pro.Did this, and I have used it, I’m also working on another plan as well which I need to get back on track on. Buy exercises classes and materials, one event, Kindle (if it goes on sale), and Fitbit. Partial, I bought the later two things both on sale! Fitbit happened to be on sale when I looked but I used camelcamelcamel.com to track sales of specific Amazon items, starting with the Kindle.
- Save enough for laser, dermatologist, orthodontist.
- I need one month’s rent, pet deposit, pet purchase money, and security deposit.
- Build up savings and emergency to at least a certain amount.
- Increase all savings. Well, did the opposite, as I will explain in another post.
Buy certain significant purchases. Partial. Pet supplies.
- Have almost everything I need for my house and some money towards purchasing groceries, toiletries, paper goods, and cleaning supplies.
Learn to Live
- Schedule one thing.
- Research what is open in terms of facials.
- Get back on track with skincare.
- Work on body care and sunscreen reapplication.
Make Valentine Decorations.
finish Mom’s gift.
Finish Georgie’s gift.
Finish Harper’s gifts (Frog and Toad and maybe Francis).
Build habits, work into to-do list.
12 book library limit!!!!! Don’t order any until I’m on my last book from the first batch!!!!!!
- Work on my reading journal and my reading log. Try to make more of an effort to take notes.
Possibly buy a Kindle. I’m definitely leaning toward getting a Kindle, but I want to buy on sale, which means I may have to wait until Prime day, we shall see. Done
February Reading specifics:
Read some study subjects books
- The Idiot, or at least make considerable process
Looking for Transwonderland: Travels in Nigeria Hemingway Didn’t Say That
Overcoming Unwanted Thoughts
- Your Move