File state taxes
- Set up security system
Keep up and continue to improve on my apartment organization and cleanliness
- In that vein, more specifically finish digitizing my recipes
- And clean and off table and keep cleaned off
Start my new job
Watch my spending, pay off some debt, save, and get my net worth back up since I quintupled my negative balance since April
Keep up on my exercising, work on stretching, and try to get in better habits of walking
Work through my backlog of borrowed and books I own but haven’t read (and may not keep)
Sell some stuff and find more to purge
Keep up habits of using up excess beauty supplies
Finish my niece’s baby blanket and perhaps another or at least make significant progress on it
- Fix printer scanning issues
Work Private Plan
Better blogging and Instagram habits
Train Bjorn (my sister calls him the electrocuted chipmunk)
Work on getting back into more nonfiction
Participate in the Enchanted Bookclub’s Emma readalong
Continue to watch movies, try to focus a bit more on my list though
Set Up for the Month
Get into an apartment, call that one place every single weekday and Saturday!!!!!!!!! The apartment I want doesn’t have a wait or call back list (ugh!). I’ve not got a lot of great options plus would prefer to stay in one place for years until I can seriously upgrade or have a better opportunity elsewhere. I did put a deposit down on an apartment, the on paper date I get it is April 16, but I could get it sooner.
- Set up easily maintained habits.
- Get a weekend job.
- Once in the apartment look for a better paying job, preferably with fewer hours.
- Finish setting up digital limits and controls. I had to reset that process this month since I basically turned off Cold Turkey whenever I wanted.
- Set up news controls/limits.
Memory journal setup. Partial
- Digital clear out.
- Parsley health (change to when I’m in my own place for privacy purposes).
- Sugar and dairy fast (maybe next month/in my own place do elimination diet, sugar controls. If I have to keep restarting this all the time to have any control over my sugar consumption, if that is what it takes, I will do that.
- Start doing simple exercise and stretching, get a Fitbit or something. I did get a Fitbit on sale.
- Work on getting to bed by 9:30 (if in my own place even earlier, I’d like to get up at 5:30).
- Work on morning and evening routine, digital limits and controls.
Remind to be taught more AP.Apparently this was stuff I’d already been taught, and they forgot that they taught me.
- Private goal #1.
- Private Goal #2.
- Set up tech learning plan.
Continue to work on lateness. Yeah, that crashed and burned with the ice and then the snow storm. And then the new addition to my life, but I’m working on it.
Work on no gossip, politics, complaining, cussing, exaggerating set up. I should add work on my repetitive, obsessive speech as well, try to figure out how to redirect myself.
Work on Spanish.
Work on habits.
- Increase income streams.
- Pay off debt. I paid off a little
- Build up checking to remain at certain amount.
Buy CodeAcademy pro.Did this, and I have used it, I’m also working on another plan as well which I need to get back on track on. Buy exercises classes and materials, one event, Kindle (if it goes on sale), and Fitbit. Partial, I bought the later two things both on sale! Fitbit happened to be on sale when I looked but I used camelcamelcamel.com to track sales of specific Amazon items, starting with the Kindle.
- Save enough for laser, dermatologist, orthodontist.
- I need one month’s rent, pet deposit, pet purchase money, and security deposit.
- Build up savings and emergency to at least a certain amount.
- Increase all savings. Well, did the opposite, as I will explain in another post.
Buy certain significant purchases. Partial. Pet supplies.
- Have almost everything I need for my house and some money towards purchasing groceries, toiletries, paper goods, and cleaning supplies.
Learn to Live
- Schedule one thing.
- Research what is open in terms of facials.
- Get back on track with skincare.
- Work on body care and sunscreen reapplication.
Make Valentine Decorations.
finish Mom’s gift.
Finish Georgie’s gift.
Finish Harper’s gifts (Frog and Toad and maybe Francis).
Build habits, work into to-do list.
12 book library limit!!!!! Don’t order any until I’m on my last book from the first batch!!!!!!
- Work on my reading journal and my reading log. Try to make more of an effort to take notes.
Possibly buy a Kindle. I’m definitely leaning toward getting a Kindle, but I want to buy on sale, which means I may have to wait until Prime day, we shall see. Done
February Reading specifics:
Read some study subjects books
- The Idiot, or at least make considerable process
Looking for Transwonderland: Travels in Nigeria Hemingway Didn’t Say That
Overcoming Unwanted Thoughts
- Your Move
Pretty sure I had a post about this for 2020. I also think I was decent for a while about not getting on Instagram on my phone. However, overall, I decided I was going to have to take more drastic action. I can’t give my life to the Internet like I’ve been doing. I’m starting to implement these things this month, hopefully it will be fully in place by the end of the month.
- Website and app blockers during week and Sunday for social media and anything I find distracting or obsess over.
- Saturday is my day for blogging and scheduling posts, comments, reading blogs, social media, and YouTube, and then only when I’m not spending time with family and probably for a limited time of the day, then the blockers go back on again.
- I’ve gotten good at limiting my email to a certain extent, but there are some more notifications I can turn off, and I can always remain vigilant. I’ve gone back to emailing myself tons of links which builds up.
- Do my digital to-do’s in the morning when I have more self-control.
- No computer time when I get home from work, nothing should be such an emergency that I’ve got to deal with it right then.
I’m trying to go by seasons and pick a theme. The theme from now until March 20th is Foundations.
- Clean rest on Sunday (I heard this term for guilt free rest on The Perfectionism Project podcast, I don’t listen to it much, I find it hard to listen to, but I’ve received a few really great one point things that really strike me). Enjoy things I liked as a child and teen or similar things: reading, crafts, Legos, models, puzzles. NO screens.
- Speaking of screen time, I’m going to try and lock down my computer and phone with Cold Turkey for Sunday through F, meaning no social media, blogs, Youtube, news. I also will do any self-improvement stuff in the morning. And shut down the computer and put away the phone when I come home from work (overlapping goal with Self-Improvement).
- End each season with a week off or 3 day weekend in a screen free cabin.
- Start exercise and stretch habits, including some fun sport like ice skating.
- Work on my diet. I have eaten a frightening amount of candy at work lately. I might have to detour and walking around the sugar bowl which is right near my desk. I’m starting off with a sugar fast. I’m on day 6th as of Jan 9th, I’ve not had candy but I think I do need to be more careful about any added sugar.
- Find a therapist.
- Try Parsley health, see if there is someone in my state.
- Private plan #1.
- Private plan #2.
- Private plan #3.
- Set up and start on my tech learning plan.
- Break the lateness habit (I need to look up tips).
- Institute a no gossip, whining, dumping (and calling in ranting), and petty politics rule and when someone else brings it up, either don’t take the bait or state my resolution not to talk in this manner.
- Figure out how to ask questions to get people to think, rather than stating my own opinion (usually defensively).
- Work on Spanish.
- Work on habits and morning and evening routines.
- Work on my screen time (overlapping goal with Health).
- Work on blogging and Instagramming more consistently and better.
- Maybe get a weekend temp job to finance some large apartment expenses and pay off some debts.
- Save for a big vacation.
- Keep saving in down and emergency.
- Start a non retirement investment account.
- Have a 2nd source of income from my private career plans.
- Brainstorm a 3rd source of income, preferable passive?
Learn to Live
- Take set of exercise classes such as ice skating lessons (overlapping goal with Health)
- Join an online book group, I’d like to join The Enchanted Book Club deluxe, maybe in March, depends on what they are reading (overlapping goal with Reading)
- Take one craft class.
- Attend one event.
- Do some wintery fun things.
- Work on a certain series of blog posts, maybe.
- Start getting facials if possible
- Start getting laser (in my dreams)
- Make paper, crochet, and maybe tatted snowflakes.
- Finish Mom’s gift by end of January (frame and all).
- Make valentine decorations.
- Finish Harper’s Frog, Toad, and Frances by end of February.
- Finish two more baby blankets by end of March.
- Sunday: Rest
- Monday: Logic
- Tuesday: History
- Wednesday: Geography
Thursday: Christian Apologetics (even though I’m not a Christian, I still find this important)
- Friday: World Religion
- Saturday: Genealogy and Civics
Reading (This Gets its Own Post)