Edit and note. Don’t write posts on days when you are feeling a bit blue. Rather warps perception you know? Actually I knew this was rather whiney then, but the next day? Wow, I’m embarrassed. So let’s try some rephrasing/reformatting.
- I’ve been doing a local web development course which is more helpful than I expected (and it’s free!).
- I’ve been running (I’m on my 3rd week) with the C25k program. And I’ve been getting up early to accomplish this.
- I’ve been adding a walk in on most of my non-run days this last week, so out of the last 8 days, I’ve hit at least 10,000 steps.
- I’m working with my doctor on some elimination diets to see if I have food allergies, so I’ve been eating better and have lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks.
- I’ve not read much this year, so I got the Jeeves and Wooster books to try to get me out of the slump. I also started The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea for Darling Desi’s June Buddy Read. I’ve not got far but its got perfectly mystical summer vibes.
- I’ve not killed any plants I bought, and it looks like I’m going to be getting some tomatoes to eat very soon (I’ve already been using my herbs).
- I went strawberry picking with my mom (and ate all the strawberries within the week, yum!).
- I made this carrot cake for memorial day, definitely a winner. I, of course, forgot to take a photo.
- My sisters and sister-in-law bought tickets for the travelling broadway Anastasia that is coming back to town this August. Remember the one I was trying to go to for my 30th and covid cancellation? That one. I think its going to be way more fun this way. Especially since I can get a ride with someone.
- Looking forward to blackberry and peach season!
Things to Work On
- I’m rather burned out/overwhelmed a bit/underneath it all. This usually shows up on the weekends. And I’m going to crash and burn if I don’t start matching an earlier bed time with my early rise time. I also feel like I need to figure out how to get more energy and time management because my life is easy, so I feel like I should feel like I have more time and energy.
- Time management/information overload. I think this should help the above some. I have about 60 tabs on my main browser and many on my two(!) secondary browsers. And yeah, my mind might be kind of like that. I don’t need to keep up with all the influencers, channels, etc. I don’t need to research every single topic to the nth degree.
- My cholesterol is high so I got put on cholesterol medication. This is the major motivation for my exercise and a motivation to work on my diet more. My goal is to get off the medication as soon as I can.