Countdown to Christmas Week 1
I think I did this last year, in lieu of getting an advent calendar (need to budget and plan better) and because I’m feeling Grinch-y, I’ve been trying to do some sort of Christmas activity every day of December until Christmas (well and after, since it. is. still. Christmas, the 12 days start on Christmas).
- Day 1
- Bought the gift for the sister whose name I drew.
- Watched day one of Lauren Johnson’s Christmas videos (sewing Christmas stockings).
- Day 2
- Watched The Santa Clause. I grew up watching the previews for these movies.
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Watched The Santa Clause 2. This felt more familiar than merely watching previews, I think I’d seen it or most of it before.
- Drank some cocoa.
- Watched Noelle. A blend of cute and “eh.”
- Day 5
- Watched Lauren Johnson’s Crafty Christmas Vlog
- Which inspired me to start my tea kettle and make some Harney’s Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea (loved it!),
- And to get my knitting,
- And to watch The Holiday. Which I didn’t get as expected. Jude Law is attractive, but pretty basic. Jack Black is dreadful, as an actor and potential romantic lead and with Kate Winslet. Cameron Diaz is just super annoying. The best part of the movie was Iris’s reactions to Amanda’s LA house.
- I also wrapped gifts.
- Found my Kindle, merry Christmas to me (long story, coming soon).
- Day 6
- With Love Freddy’s Flat Decorating (love the color scheme, I want blush, gold, cream, and rose gold for my tree in my room).
- And some videos on this playlist, trying to find which snowflakes that I’d want to make for Christmas and winter and planning what I need to purchase.
- More hot chocolate.
- Received and opened my Literary Christmas box!!!!!!!
- Read some Dickens and lit the Christmassy candle that came with The Literary Bookclub Box.
- Day 7
- Watched Lauren Johnson’s First Christmas Thrift Flip.
- Lit my candle again and drank the hot chocolate that came with the box and read more of A Christmas Carol.
Same here with the “Grinchy” feeling. 😉 So this year I’m starting early-ish but taking it slow. I managed to send a few cards and started the decorating. Got about half the gifts purchased. In past years I did Christmas crafts, those are always fun. And yay for hot cocoa!
I’m hoping to start decorating tomorrow, I still need to get some things since I have more space to decorate. I don’t have too many gifts to get since we draw names, but several to finish making.
I didn’t realize I remembered the second Santa Clause movie better than the first one either until I rewatched it with some of my siblings the other day. Apparently that was the one we always put on.
Oh Dickens! I need to do something Dickens too
I must have seen that one even though I thought I hadn’t.
I just started a book on Dicken’s titled The Man Who Invented Christmas.