How I Did on My Winter/1st Quarter 2021 Reading Goals
Try to keep my books borrowed from the library to 12. Try to keep any other borrowed books to far fewer. I’d say I succeeded, I got a Kindle and the limit on that is 5. Join an online book group, I’d like to join The Enchanted Book Club deluxe, maybe in March, depends on what they are reading. I didn’t join this one yet but I joined two read alongs.
- Work through important to reads and long held borrowed books:
- The Idiot
- War and Peace
- Dune? Maybe, if the movie is coming out in September, perhaps I could wait to start until Spring, but knowing me, I might not finish it time, and who knows, they could bump up the movie, since clearly its done if it was supposed to be out LAST September.
- House of Mirth
Looking for Transwonderland.Very good. The Shadow of the Wind. Good in literary merit, morally not so much, decadent. Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts. Hmm.
Hemingway Didn’t Say That.
- Wheel of Time
- I’d like to read one or two more classics besides those listed above from my Classics club list
- I’d also like to read one or two more books besides those listed above from another country, perhaps another mentioned on A Strong Sense of Place
- Fun potentials
- Ethel Lina White mysteries
- Mercedes Lackey fairytale retellings and fantasy
- Circe by Madeleine Miller
- Books to match my current study schedule (History, Logic, Geography, Civics, Christian Apologetics, World Religions). Genealogical reading should be on Ancestry.com, I don’t really need books for that subjects, its mainly to be building my tree.
I read 20 books this season and bought a Kindle.
I reread 7 novels
Read 4 nonfiction books (one about another country) and 1 nonfiction booklet
I read 1 graphic novel
I read 7 other new to me fiction books (one set in another country)
I’ve been curious about Dune. I probably won’t get to it anytime soon though, I’ve been in a rereading mood lately which isn’t a bad thing. Congrats on all the different things you’ve read! you’ve read quite a bit.
I’d like to read it before the movie comes out in the fall . .. which means I probably should get started now. I was in a rereading mood last year, I needed it to survive then. I think there are definitely seasons of reading.
I’m trying to finish the Shadow and Bone trilogy before the show comes out this month. I probably won’t finish it, but I at least got through the first one. I want to read Dune before the movie too, but I’m not sure if I’ll get to it or not.
I think shows and movies can be pretty great motivators sometimes and then other times it feels like a deadline, Dune is pretty long, I need to start thinking of starting it.