How I Did on My January 2021 Goals
I feel like I’m in a holding period, waiting to get into an apartment, but I’m using that as an excuse, it will be harder to do things, but there is plenty I could work on. I also think I set my expectations too high.
To set up for the month
Transfer old computer programs and docs and such to new computer Vision Board Pinterestand journal (actually not going to be too different from last year honestly)
- Set up digital limits and controls
Fill out the beginning of the Artist of Life Workbook
- Bullet Journal Setup.
- Digital clear out (after computer transfer), especially phone, email and Evernote. Partial, I cleared out my phone after backing up the photos.
- Parsley health
- Sugar and dairy fast (maybe next month/in my own place do elimination diet, sugar controls). I did a short, maybe 6 day no candy/dessert fast, but not quite what I needed. I’ve gone backwards in my habits.
- Start doing simple exercise and stretching, get a Fitbit or something
- Work on getting to bed by 9:30
- Work on morning and evening routine, digital limits and controls (I’ll have another post about this)
- Remind to be taught more AP. I did but I haven’t been taught anything more, I took the day off that I was supposed learn to for snow and a rest day.
- Private step #1.
- Private step #2.
- Set up tech learning plan
Work on lateness
- Work on no gossip, politics, complaining, cussing, exaggerating set up.Well, I made a little card to keep as a reminder, but I feel like I’ve done worse with gossiping and complaining.
- Work on Spanish
- Work on habits, morning, and evening routine
- Increase income streams
- Pay off some short term debt. Partial.
- Save enough for laser, dermatologist, orthodontist
- I need one month’s rent and security deposit and also a pet deposit
- Build up savings and emergency to a certain amount
- Increase all savings, esp one for car
- Have almost everything I need for my house and some money towards purchasing groceries, toiletries, paper goods, and cleaning supplies. Partial. I could move out now and just buy a few more things and do quite well.
Learn to Live
- Schedule one thing
- Research what is open in terms of facials
- Get back on track with skincare (probably easier to try this once in my own place)
- Work on body care and sunscreen reapplication (probably easier to try this once in my own place)
Make snowflakes (and this should be FUN, not a MUST)
- finish Mom’s gift. I made progress.
- Build habits, work into to-do list
- 12 book library limit!!!!! I did well at first, but I think I need to add another step, don’t order more books until I’m done or on the last book of the ones I have.
Order some study subjects books
- Finish The Idiot
- Overcoming Unwanted Thoughts
The Shadow of the Wind
- Ethel Lina White mysteries
- Hemingway Didn’t Say That. I’m about 2/3 through it.
Hey, I think you did better on yours than I did on mine! I didn’t accomplish a whole lot in January, then got some random health issues (nothing serious, just annoying) which has distracted me in general. It is really easy to go into the month with holiday optimism, only to realize you can’t possibly do everything you’d planned. 🙂
I tried to look at it positively, I didn’t feel like I got a lot done. Yeah, January often feels like a fresh start, didn’t really this year.
You did really well! January kind of flew by for me, but I surprisingly got a lot done anyway.
I felt like it both flew by and dragged for me.