2019 Reading Summary
Per my Goodreads Year End Summary:
- I read 124 books (7 of these were rereads) which was approximately 32,117 pages
- The shortest book was Goody O’Grumpity by Carol Ryrie Brink at 32 pages
- The longest book was Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope at 576 pages
- My average book length was 259 pages
- My average rating was 3 stars
- The most read book I read was The Hunger Games, read by 6,036,145 people
- The least read book I read was Imaginarium: A Graphic Novel by Amanda Kastner, read by 3 people
Here are some other things I calculated. I didn’t keep my books in excel, I need to do that and Goodreads still hasn’t fixed the date part in their excel export list, so some of these (those that aren’t on their own shelves or rereads) are estimates.
- I read 15 Georgette Heyer novels
- I read 14 Mary Stewart novels
- I read 5 M.M. Kaye mysteries
- I read 7 Agatha Christie mysteries
- I reread 7 books
- I read approximately 50 more light fiction books
- I read approximately 16 popular/light non-fiction books
- I read well under 10 classics
- I read well under 10 serious nonfiction
Whoa! 124 is quite a lot! Way to go!
Thanks. I had a lot of time on my hand, particularly at the beginning of the year which combined with the easy to read and addicting Heyer and Stewart novels, let me reach this number even though I completely fell off reading at the end of the year.
124 is a lot of books! I only read about 50 this year. It’s not necessarily bad, I just usually read more.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about M.M Kaye’s books. Do you recommend them?
If you like a good Agatha Christie or Lord Peter Wimsey or other vintage mystery book, then yes, I highly recommend. They are VERY atmospheric with a strong sense of place (a descriptive term I picked up recently from modern Mrs. Darcy’s What Should I Read Next podcast). I just love the characters and exotic settings. I did skip Death in Kenya, that one looked to be less happy and more disturbing to me.
I do really like vintage mysteries so I’ll have to check those out.
Looks like you had a great reading year! I hope 2020 treats you just as well!
Thanks, I’m hoping so too.