Here is My Year in Books on Goodreads (I’m not sure its visible for everyone); not sure if the page number is accurate, I did read 140 which it shows at the bottom but not at the top.
Goodreads numbers (factoring in the slim book that I didn’t list on Goodreads because it had to do with my geographic area, and supplementing the information with stats from My Books > Stats page).
- 141 books (about 40 more than last year)
- 39,576+ pages (almost 10,000 pages more than my previous record in 2014; also, see note above on re-reads)
- Longest book: 908 pages (Brothers Karamazov)
- Shortest book: 24 pages (the golden book Kitty’s New Doll, a childhood favorite, a Christmas theme this year, that my sister received for Christmas)
- Average rating: 3.2 (I checked previous years, around 3 usually is my average)
- Most popular: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Least popular: Epidemics and Pandemics: Their Impacts on Human History by J.N. Hays
- Approximately 25% was on my fantasy shelf
- Around at least 12-15% was Agatha Christie
- Most of my 5 star reads were re-reads
- I had 6 one star reads
Now, I started also tracking books in Excel. Later I discover that you can export your Goodreads information in an excel sheet, but when I tried for this year the most significant column (date read) didn’t properly transfer for me (less than 1/3 of books read in 2018 showed a date in Excel), so that was rather useless. I asked about this, so we’ll see if it’s corrected.
Anyway from my 6 main categories (Re-reads, Literary Fiction, Light Fiction, Illustrated Books, Serious Nonfiction, and Popi for this year:
- Re-reads: 35 (not including Illustrated); 13 Literary Fiction and 22 Light Fiction (last year I re-read around 12)
- Literary Fiction: 14 (27 including re-reads)
- Light Fiction: 58 (70 including re-reads)
- Illustrated Books: 11 (at least 3 and up to 5 were re-reads from childhood)
- Serious Nonfiction: 10
- Popular Nonfiction: 13
- Total nonfiction: 23 (last year I read at least 30)