I’ve already been very isolated, seeing just my family and coworkers, mostly shopping online, and this was supposed to be the year of change for that. Well, that is obviously not working out well. In addition, while I had started my plans out strong, I never actually finished the plans or implemented much and was in quite a slump. So, I decided that I’m going to act as if the sheltering in place is as unfamiliar for me as for everyone as a means of resetting myself (since I’ve been in quite a slump).
- Read the books I’ve borrowed from family and perhaps more in our family collection.
- Read those that I like of the 23 library books that I have, I’m SO glad I tend to get tons of library books. I’ve heard some libraries have curbside pickup option, and I’ve asked the city system I use, but the way things are I doubt we’ll get that, it seems risky. So:
- I’m SO glad I have tons of rereads in my own collection, and I may read more that I have “due” this year.
- Actually work through the self-development/personal help books that I’ve bought as work books.
Handicrafts and Room Revamp
- Make curtains, paint/stain/refinish some furniture, and finish setting up my room.
- Sew an apron (I recently rehauled all my stuff and came up with some fabric I realized I could use to make an really adorable apron) and headband (we’ve been watching Hometown on HGTV and love Erin’s headbands and style).
- Start really stashbusting my yarn. I’ve been take clips of all my shawl patterns and organizing these by shawl type in Evernote, so I don’t have to open up every single pdf to see what the pattern is. SO helpful.
- Work on my darling embroidery project, I’ve held onto those old magazines for years (they have to be 70’s or maybe 80’s, Ill have to check).
- Finish/edit/reframe all my 2020 plans and actually start working on habits.
- Try and keep and improve on my routine and not fall further into a slump.
- My blog domain is set to renew, and I’ve been meaning for years to put additional work into my blog, so I think now is a great time for that.
- I have like 80+ drafts, yikes! So I want to cull these, finish, and schedule those that I want to publish.
- I’ve got several new glorious 1000 piece Disney puzzles to work on as seen on my Instagram.
- Participate in the positive Instagram environment I’ve found (basically lots of my favorite bloggers who are sharing happy things).
- Job search, I currently have a job, but I’m mentally under-utilized plus it’s got very archaic skills. I was wanting to go ahead and search, for potential new opportunities and weekend jobs, but I hadn’t tried very hard when this happened. Now, I’m trying to prepare for if I need to find a job.