I was sorta trying to train myself to say “autumn,” I don’t think that is going to work, especially when you can say “Fall Fun.” Just too easy.
First things first: Girls during fall be like.. 2019 Edition
Since summer flew by me without me doing anything (my fastest speed is “turtle” my slowest speed is “snail” which must be what I’m doing currently), I thought I’d plan out my fall, putting movies, books, food, and activities into my calendar.
My list for books was originally:
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (reread)
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
- Call of the Wild
But I’ve since happened upon this list of spooky short stories from Modern Mrs. Darcy, and I’d like to add list add the Montgomery book, but I’d like try all those not on my list except Du Maurier, I just don’t get her appeal, and Christie (I’ve probably read a lot of those, plus don’t tend to love her short stories).
For all of these we shall see, it’s odd that I can read murder mysteries, I’m not drawn to dark books, I certainly can be freaked out by them, but I think that a lot of these are psychological which I REALLY don’t do or wilderness/animal. Yeah. We’ll see. If I think they are too dark, twisted, and/or sadistic, I won’t be reading them.
For movies/visual media I have:
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (It’s amazing how little impression that book made on my mind for its size and it’s subject/genre, was it overhyped or is it just me? I feel like it was my kind of thing, but I forgot it very quickly after reading it, usually forget it’s existence, perhaps because there needed to be a sequel? Anyhow, some where I saw the miniseries again, I’m sure I knew of it before, and it seemed to fit this season).
- A Tenant of Wildfell Hall (I love Toby Stephens, and when I saw that he featured in the adaption available on Amazon Prime, I knew I needed to re-read the story to refresh my mind before I watched it).
- After/if I manage to read some Poe, I want to try the webseries, A Tell Tale Vlog, I’ve had on my mind for years (but never managed to read anymore Poe, wonder why). It’s weird how popular (or just to nerds?) and transient the webseries phase was. The way media is developing, it seems like more could have been made of it?
For audio media I have (the music in this list is from this previous Fall/Autumn mood post):
- This harp and flute instrumental CD that I love
- “River Flows in You”
- LOTR soundtrack. Especially Rohan themes
- Celtic music
- Folk songs
- The Hanging Tree
- I’d like to get the BBC radiodrama for the Brontës on Audible
For food I have:
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Cardamon Buns
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Pancakes (maybe)
- Maple Rolls
- Maple Cookies
- This Ghost Cake (the design, I’ll probably stick with Hershey’s tried and true chocolate cake with dark chocolate cocoa)
- Spice doughnuts
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Chicken Potpie
- Mac n Cheese
Activities (most of those that involve leaving the house are possibilities rather than probabilities):
- Maple festival
- Bonfire and s’mores
- Broadway (the traveling shows that come to various cities)
- Ladies’ Shopping Day
- Sew velvet pumpkins and squash, make some foxes, plan Xmas dress
- Fall puzzle